Saturday, August 29, 2009

remember to let him into your heart

Why is everything working out.. for once?

This time last year my life felt like a shambles. I had just gotten back from Bolivia and was having a really hard time adjusting. My dream job didn't work out like I had expected/planned, my best friend left for her mission and my other moved back home, leaving the last of the quartet to rely solely on each other for support. The boy was gone. Things just weren't what they were supposed to be.

The whole year was kind of hard. That first semester especially. Nothing particularly exciting happened, lots of bad things happened, then winter break finally rejuvenated me and I had a better winter semester.

But this time around? I got my dream job, that I tried not to expect this time, which made it an even grander surprise. My internship pulled through at the last second, so now I can still graduate on time and stay sane. My class and work schedules worked out wonderfully. I'm living in an apartment with all good friends. I've got a boy who really cares about me and makes me feel wonderful and we're so happy, so far. Things are good, everything is finally... working out.

It's really strange, I think. It makes me nervous for the storm that's certainly ahead. But I think for right now, I'll just be happy that life is good and things are going well. That's one thing I'm trying so so so hard to do right now-- be happy in the moment and take things one day at a time. Not be nervous about the future or living in the past. Just happy about today.

1 comment:

Devin and Rebecca said...

Jean Lee, I heart you. I love reading your blog; it helps me with my perspective.