Thursday, April 8, 2010

first post-grad job!!

I am now a proud employee of Intermountain Healthcare!!! It's one of the largest hospital networks in the nation! Even complimented by Mr. Barack Obama himself! :)

I applied for about 13 jobs last week and kept getting rejection emails. It was pretty depressing. It's pretty hard to get a clinical job, especially just through the database system and not through a referral or in person. So I was wondering what the heck I was going to do for the next year if I couldn't find anything. And then... I got a phone call... for an interview!!

My interview was this past Tuesday morning. And that was a crazy day. I had a final at 12pm in tissue biology lab, which was the hardest final ever, but my interview was at 9:30am which meant I had to skip out on 3 hours of studying and an hour of class as well. But I figured it was okay to sacrifice that for this in the long run. For once, something else trumped school in importance. So off I went to Murray to interview!

I didn't think it went incredibly well but I felt like I had good answers for their questions and a good resume. They said they'd get back to me on Thurs or Fri with an answer. While I was there another boy was waiting to interview as well... it was weird, I felt so competitive... I didn't even want to make small talk. Haha. Anyway, so they called me later that day to get a number for a reference and it was kind of crazy getting numbers and asking people to be references, etc. but it worked out! Because they called me today and offered me the position!!!

It's pretty much the most perfect job ever for me. It's a phlebotomist position at the Rheumatology clinic in PROVO (all the other jobs I've applied for are SLC, Sandy...) and it's full-time, Mon-Thurs (aka LONG WEEKENDS EVERY WEEKEND! perfect for summer adventures!), BENEFITS, pay is decent, and they said I can start right after graduation so I don't have to stress about working it into my schedule during finals/classes!

I feel so blessed! I don't think I did anything to deserve this. It's perfect! I really feel like it's too good to be true, something's going to mess it up... hopefully that's not the case. :) Happy happy happy! I'm just so happy!!!!!

In other news, I ran my first double digit run yesterday--10 whoppin' miles! It was pretty good, pretty painful at the end there, but I finished it in good time and got to see a gorgeous side of Provo, on Canyon road. :)

And I graduate in TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

PeterK said...

YAY JEAN!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

I'm so happy for you. That's so COOOOOL. : )


Feel free to adventure with us. We'll probably be here all summer.

Anna said...

JEAN!!!!!

Peter was so happy for you that he told me about your post, and I just had to read it for myself.

Congratulations! That is so perfect and so awesome.
Where are you going to be living? How long do you plan to live here in Provo?

Jean said...

you two are so cute :):):) thanks for your happiness! i'm staying in provo until i get accepted to PA school, hopefully next spring/summer!

AB said...

Congratulations! That is such a relief to have a job. :) I can't believe graduation is so soon!