Thursday, April 15, 2010

Today I felt like a competent phlebotomist. I didn't miss at all at work or at the VCC. I am trying to prep myself for being the only vampira at my new job. Nobody to turn to when I miss. Scary business. But I gotta do it!

Got an offer from the Red Cross but it doesn't sound as good. Higher pay but first 3 months training in SLC (gas guzzler) and craaaazy work schedule. Some overnight trips even, to like St. George and stuff (which honestly sounds super fun... they pay for meals and hotels and stuff! but what if my coworkers sucked? it's risky), and you have to be available 5am to 11pm M-F and some Saturdays. She just said straight up it's a pretty tough schedule. And no benefits. So I declined. I'll take the comfort of IHC :)

I'm studying on the first floor, the only place we can find any sort of room these days. Which makes me laugh--I'm pretty sure it's because down here you get no service on your cell and I bet that's why people don't like studying here. Haha we are all so silly, so desperate to be connected to everyone all the time. Me, nobody ever texts or calls so I have no problem being in the abyss. :)

I have no more thoughts.

1 comment:

phlebotomy technician certification said...

Hey it seem like to enjoying your job very good. There are many phlebotomist training are being organized in many universities & institutes.