Friday, May 7, 2010

kickin' off summer right

What a week! Rather, what a past two weeks!

Work has been pretty intense. I drove up to SLC every day last week for training. IHC is way different from BYU, I'll tell ya that. The ordering is way more complicated--we have to do way more. Like order the tests ourselves, put in the diagnoses, decide which tests go in which tubes, decant them (pour off serum for tests like insulin), batch them, send them out... it's crazy!! I don't know how BYU does it so much easier but I much prefer it over there. Anyway, I'm hoping that it's just the new job feel and how it'll just suck for a couple of months. Hoping hoping. Oh and it's all old people pretty much who have generally harder veins so that doesn't make it any easier. Oh well, a job is a job and I should be pretty darn grateful to have one!!

Other than that, I've been studying for the GRE like mad... cramming is not the way to go, people. At least not for the verbal portion. I'm doing some last minute studying tonight and tomorrow morning then it shall come. 12:30pm tomorrow. Wish me luck!

I've been so busy running errands, getting settled into the apartment slowly, running, hanging out with the boy, enjoying myself. I didn't know it could be so crazy busy though. I expect once I get my errands done and job becomes more normal I'll have more free time. Until then though, it feels like I'm rushing around from thing to thing. But that's ok, I like being busy. :)

Wow, what a week for climbing too!! Austin and I went earlier this week and I did my first lead climb, which is clipping in as you go, so it's still pretty safe, but if you fall and you haven't clipped into the next one yet, then you fall a lot farther than if you were top roping. So it's definitely scarier and more of a rush. But it felt great! I got some climbing shoes that actually fit me so I climb a lot better now, I think. My feet just feel safer. Then today I did my first multi-pitch climb! It was only two pitches but it was scary as heck. We were so high up in the air!!!!!!!! Man... I didn't do either of them clean but I still did them! I'm scraped up pretty bad, most I've ever been, but it was so worth it. View was beautiful, the climb was exactly hard and challenging enough... and the hike up to it was good too; usually I hate hiking. :) So all in all, a good day for climbing. :) Only my 4th time outside! Loved it.

Also today was my first Friday off and it was glorious. Slept in till 9:30, got my oil changed, dropped off stuff at D.I., cooked a tasty tasty white chili meal, dropped some off at Austin's work, got a tour of the sweat shop, visited my old coworkers at the BYU clinic, cleaned and got even more settled into the apt, then climbing. Such a full and productive day! I'm going to love having Fridays off. :)

Jason calls on Sunday! Hooray! It's been 6 months already!! The poor kid is struggling but I'm hoping things have gotten or will still get better for him. It'll be good to talk to him for a bit and hear his Korean. :)

I really never know how to end these blog posts. I love you all. Thanks for reading.

No comments: