Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I made some cookies the other day and they were delicious! Chocolate, butterscotch, and peanut butter chip! Sounds like a mouthful but it's not overpowering or weird at all, just yum! :)

Please come to the internship fair this Friday in the Wlk Ballroom! My internship booth is on the far left side. Vote for mine for the People's Choice Award! I'm so nervous... I think I have a chance, but at the same, anytime you go against 97 people it's hard to stand out. The cash prize would be so ridiculously wonderful though, it would be just.. I don't know. It would be miraculous, really. I don't want to get my hopes up though... blah I just can't wait for after so I just know what the verdict is.

I feel kinda blah lately. Like... I don't know. I know it'll sound so so so stupid and Mormon and whatever, but I want to get married! I want to be with my one and only, I want to be in love. Seeing couples on campus used to not bother me. But now it really just makes me so... sad. Wedding invitations used to get me so excited. But now they make me lonely. I don't like it one bit. And sad love songs and even happy ones make me so sad too. What do I do?! I feel hopeless I think, and like it's never going to happen, just lonely. Bleah.

Doesn't help that at Institute our teacher was crazy and gave a dumb lesson in my opinion. I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't bash on the teachers that is really mean of me. But she was talking about dating and marriage and said to the guys that they need to be responsible for it and if they date they WILL get married. Then to the girls, she said "Now girls.. if you end up getting married later or not at all just know you'll have a chance in the next life!" SERIOUSLY??? So all the guys will be able to get married but we girls have no say in it and in fact won't get married at all? WHAT THE HECK. It made me really mad. And then she went on to say that we need to look feminine and pretty and ask people how to change our look to be more presentable. WTF. It made me angry to say the least...

Whatevs. I'll just keep on a-truckin' through life and hopefully some happy things will happen.

That's so stupid. I know it's ME that makes my life happy. If I change my attitude I'll be happy. And I try to! But sometimes I just get down, which is normal and fine. So... yeah. I'm fine. Just a little lonely.

On a tangent, I love pop music and dancing.

2 comments:

Devin and Rebecca said...

Firstly, pop music and dancing are high quality goodness. Secondly, your cookies look awesome and I'm jealous. Thirdly, I'm sorry you feel sad and lonely! Hang in there. The only advice I have is that it really does happen when you least expect it and when you're not looking for it. I know it's cliche, but in my experience it's true. You can always come hang out with me and Devin if you want to!

kacie said...

cmon GIRL POWER