Thursday, June 18, 2009

Catching a bunny is the best thing that's happened to me this summer.

So Jamie, Caroline, and I were driving home on Saturday night when the dialogue went like this:

Jamie: Look! A cat!
Me: That's not a cat, that's a bunny!
Jamie: A bunny?! Let's catch it!

She swerved to the curb. I jumped out of the car. We chased the bunny.

"BUNNY! BUNNY!" "CONEJITO! CONEJO!"

After chasing it across the street to the duck pond, up rape hill, down rape hill, around the grass, after laughing hysterically and having to stop because we wanted to puke, after getting laughed at by passersby, Jamie finally trapped it under some sticks and grabbed it! We had caught the bunny!!!!!!

We put it in the back of the car and I sat with it while we drove on. Eventually we took it to Jamie's house (in Orem) b/c her lil sister used to breed and sell rabbits so she had a cage and food already! What luck! We named it Tuley because I was telling them about Tularemia, a disease you can get from rabbits. (I know I know, I would do something like that..)

He's doing well! We made fliers and put them up around Provo, so hopefully the owner will see it and call us! Oh, I should've mentioned that. It's definitely a pet rabbit and not wild. So no worries, we didn't capture some poor native rabbit, but one that needs to get back to its owner. We saved it from being road kill!!!

So if you know anyone who lost a rabbit around South of Provo, let me know!!!

No comments: