Sunday, June 21, 2009

Feliz Dia del Padre!

Memories of my Daddy:

During sacrament meeting I loved sitting next to my dad. It was always a privilege. He'd sneak us cough drops (or other real candies..) and play with our hands and let us play with his tie. It was always so fun!

My favorite game to play was Hide 'n Seek. Once in the first house I can remember, we played and couldn't find him FOREVER. We searched and searched but he had disappeared! We finally found him when... we sat on the couch in confusion and realized he was laying flat on the couch underneath the cushions. Haha...


He loves taking pictures and recording videos. The huge clunky videorecorder that he carried everywhere finally broke one day, when we went on The Ghostrider rollercoaster at Knott's Berry Farm one summer. He decided it'd be a good idea to record the ride, it'd be fun to watch right?? Well... it knocked around and broke and for the longest time we didn't have any recordings... so strange. Now he has a new digicam, and a digital camera, and he's never seen without one or the other.. or both! I think my love of photography blossomed from him. :)


We would have "Daddy Interviews" with him when we were little when we got our one-on-one time with him and just talked with him. I can't remember what we talked about but I remember I loved them and always wanted to go first. We just loved being with him.

He raised me on music-- the Oldies, specifically. In fifth grade The Beatles were my favorite band, but I was embarrassed to tell people because I didn't know any other "popular" bands. But now I'm so glad that I got such an amazing musical education. I'm a legit Beatles fan!!


"Daddy Lectures" were famous in our house. He loves giving advice and wisdom. While we made fun of it then, now I always seek his advice on my own. A father's advice for his children is so important and should be listened to. I'm grateful for it now.

Daddy, thank you for everything you've taught me and given me and not given me. Everything's impacted me. I'm so lucky to have an awesome dad like you. :) I love you. Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

Ted Lee said...

Did you notice that in all the pictures, dad is wearing the same shirt?!

Crazy!!!