Tuesday, June 9, 2009

what I am to you is not real

From a starburst poker night


"Volcano" --Damien Rice

I'm taking a sick day from work. I got five hours of sleep due to not being able to sleep. Ha. My nose is going nuts, my room was littered with used tissues until I cleaned up just a minute ago, my throat kinda hurts and I'm coughing like I have TB (ha ha). So I'm takin it easy today. I have the nicest friends and home teachers ever. They brought me meds and juice! So nice... :) And I had myself some chicken soup, watched some House, now I'm tidying up while listening to Pandora (which is being fantastic at the moment) and just enjoying the downtime.

I miss fall weather. I miss wearing long sleeves and sweatshirts and not having to shave.

Summer is going well. I'm liking the wacky weather actually. I know most people are mad that Utah's not being stable and just being hot and dry, but I'm so glad-- I'd be going crazy right now and never leaving the house. I don't like it when it's too hot unless I'm in the water. I miss lakes and oceans... anyways. I like the intermittent rain and dark clouds.

I'm kind of excited for summer term to start. I know that's weird. I also know I'll be eating my words soon. I think I'm going to be burnt out winter semester. But that's okay, I'll fight through it, on my way to victory, freedom, and a bachelor's degree! (Finally!)

Here's some photographic evidence of what I've been doing the past monthish:

Jamie's parents run Best of State-- a Utah competition for restaurants, businesses, etc. It was black tie and we volunteered. So fun!

Memorial Day pool party



Girls' night out! We dressed up and went out to eat then to a dance then watched a movie!

2 comments:

Gabe said...

What an AMAZING looking girl! Oh wait-that's MY friend Jean Lee. Woo! Woo!

Ted Lee said...

Sounds like you've been busy. Make room in your schedule for hiking/camping with us sometime this summer. :D