Friday, December 11, 2009

sad songs.

i love sad songs. but they make me sad. but once i start, i cannot stop, listening and listening until i am so thoroughly saturated with emotions that i'm dripping in it.

it takes a bit to snap me out. is it normal/bad that such music affects me so?

i have been in the strangest mood today. in and out of happiness and anger. why why why

i finally finished my internship today. i printed off a billion pages of my portfolio and got it bound. it looks dang good. i'm so glad it's done, although i'm nervous about my grade. dr. thackeray seems kind of picky. but oh well, it's OVER. i feel pretty good about it. i'd like to think i made a difference. according to the after surveys we did, we both increased knowledge/awareness of the law in BYU students by 10% and decreased the number of those who regularly text and drive by 10%. i'd say that's pretty significant, sir! yep.

and if you read my facebook you'll know that my op/ed that i submitted to the daily herald (utah valley newspaper) got printed in yesterday's paper!! yes, i'm very excited--i mean how many people can say they're published? i hope lots of people read it and got to thinking about texting while driving..

i've decided to take genetics instead of chemistry. i can now apply to the university of utah, northeastern in boston, oregon health sciences university, and a few schools in new york and virginia, possibly. i'm really excited about it... east coast would be amazing!!! let's concentrate on getting in first. checklist:

-GRE--study study study and take it in april or may
-letters of recommendation--i'm thinking my boss at the health center, my microbiology professor, and jason etough, a PA i shadowed last year
-get a job as an orderly or another phleb job. i'll only be taking 13 credits so i'm hoping to have more time to get more medical hours

i keep thinking next semester won't be as busy, but maybe it will be anyway, if i'm tackling all these new things. it'll just be a different kind of busy. it's funny, i get busier every single year but never retract. i wonder if my capacity to get things done increases each year. does that mean i have a cap somewhere? or will it keep growing and growing? no, maybe i'll snap and go crazy at some point in the future. who knows...

tomorrow's my first plasma donation appointment. yes, i've stooped this low. selling my body for money. desperate times call for desperate measures, unfortunately. let's hope they actually take my blood this time.

time to keep studying that blasted chemistry! but just think, in one week i'll be COMPLETELY DONE with chemistry foreeeever unless they spring it on me in PA school but for some reason it won't be so bad then, or at least that's what i tell myself. anyway, holy, this is my last fall semester of undergrad ever. EVER. how strange...!!! how wonderful!!!!!!! i can't wait to graduate.

No comments: