Monday, September 6, 2010

Havasupai

Just went on a brutally quick but super awesomely fun trip with the Goffs'. We left at 3pm on Friday afternoon, drove to Arizona, to the Grand Canyon, got in at midnight, slept outside on tarps (the stars were AMAZING), got up at 5am and hiked 8 miles into Havasupai, this amazing canyon with tons of waterfalls and gorgeous scenery on the Indian reservation of the Grand Canyon.
It was soooooooooo fun!!! First of all, all of Austin's uncles on the Goff side are suuuper hilarious and really nice and just fun to be around. Second of all, it was gorgeous there, even though supposedly it's been washed out and made less beautiful by huge floods of recent years. Thirdly, waterfalls are SO COOL and SO FUN to play in! The cold water was perfect in the hot desert sun and I've never been behind a waterfall before! It was scary getting in, the mist sprays so heavily that you breathe in water making it feel like a drowning sensation but it was still so cool! And we went cliff jumping off this 25-30 ft waterfall which scary as HECK but so fun! I have a nasty bruise on my thigh from it but it was worth it for sure. We also went into an abandoned mine, going down all the shafts and such which was also way super fun. Chief and Logan got lost from us for a good chunk of the day, but they were still good sports about it. We climbed up a little waterfall, played on a rope swing, man it was just so fun!! One of my favorite trips this year for sure.
Ha that even includes the brutal hike back up. It felt way longer than it felt coming in that's for sure. And going up those switchbacks... I went slowly, moseying on up, but made it, haha. That felt good. We hiked over 25 miles that day. Most I've ever hiked in one day before. I am so sore I can't walk without looking really really.... odd, to say the least. I don't know how long it'll take for my legs to recuperate but it was totally worth it. I loved it!!this is where we jumped off!! it looks so scary from top but from the bottom not so bad

1 comment:

AB said...

Hey is that Sarah Higgenbottom? I don't know how to spell her last name... She was in my freshman year ward and was like the cutest/nicest girl ever. If so tell her I said hi!