Monday, December 22, 2008

finding a replacement with a heart serrated, i'll forget you --architecture in helsinki

I refuse to stay indoors today! My mom's coming home in a few hours and we are going to GO OUT. I couldn't be more excited-- finally! Civilization! Except that the whole city shuts down when it snows so I don't know if anyone will even be out... seriously, driving around, it's like a ghost town. Nobody is out. The roads are clear (but full of snow... haha badum ching) and nobody's out. There are a few people bundled up like the dickens hiking up the hills of Bellevue. That's about it. Crazy!

Until then, I've found some free piano sheet music online (got the idea from my cousin Ashley who has a bunch of Regina Spektor songs) so I'll play some piano before we leave. I haven't played, really played, in so long.. I'm excited. I've missed it.

Other than that, haven't really done much all break yet. But! I also haven't scheduled or written anything in my planner or set my alarm clock at all which is amazing, really. No lists! No schedules! It's incredible! (Yet I'm about to kind of schedule out the rest of my break right now... but hey, I lasted like 4 days which is pretty dang good for me.) I think maybe I should try to schedule my life less. Plan less. Just kind of write down what I have to do but not time it out exactly. Maybe life will be more enjoyable. Maybe? I should try it.

It was good to talk to Renee today. An hour and a half on the phone! We were always good at long phone chats, haha. It felt good to talk to someone who really understood what I'm going through, have gone through, etc. Way good. It's good to have good friends.

I'm listening to Architecture in Helsinki, a band I've forgotten about. I like them a lot. Kinda weird at first, but gooood stuff. Yup. Man. I really want to head to Half Price books and just browse for like hours. They have good books and music for cheap. So nice. And Pandora has introduced me to a bunch of great bands I want to get all the CDs for. I should do that sometime. If this effing snow ever clears up, ha.

1 comment:

AB said...

Thanks Jean! Yeah Portland has been hit hard and everything is shut down too! We are having Christmas in Utah and my parents drove here and it was so SCARY! It took them twice the time to get here but they made it safe. Funny how the northwest cannot handle the snow...