Wednesday, December 17, 2008

may the force be with you

i love my dad. i got kind of mad at him yesterday because he last minute emailed to ask me to play flute on sunday at church and then again at the korean branch christmas party. i haven't played in over a year plus i was so stressed (still am) with finals i didn't want to think about embarrassing myself in front of a bunch of people-- ya feel me? anyways. so i explained how this week has been really crappy etc.. so he wrote back. and after a little pep spiel, he wrote, "May the force be with you!!! -Papa"

how cool is that? my dad is friggin sweet. he writes that a lot on his emails when he's trying to motivate us and stuff. i remember going on trek my first time when i was 14 and our parents wrote us letters that the "pony express" brought to us the third day or whatnot. and he totally made all these star wars analogies. i think i was leia and ted was luke and he was just talkin about the force and stuff. it was sooooo funny. and also touching so i probably cried. haha. he's pretty awesome.

más:
-interviewed 3 people for my internship. good stuff. i got sick of interviews at the end. it was a packed day though, which was nice. i like being busy at work.
-i'm taking home a bunch of books about guatemala. i get paid for reading and learning about it! i love my job.
-cleaned up my room. started packing. i think it's funny that every single year i've gone home for break i bring this huuuuge suitcase and can't fit anything and always worry about the weight and stuff. but this time i'm using the suitcase i went to bolivia with, which is a lot smaller. just knowing that i lived for 3 months off the things in that suitcase make me know i can live 2 1/2 weeks with the things in it again. haha. i used to be such an overpacker. side note: i am soooo grateful i packed light when i went to bolivia. it made everything SO much easier holy cow. and i really don't need much at all. silly silly.
-andrea's bridal shower was tonight. i was going to buy her a box of condoms to go with the "date night basket" jill and jessica put together. but i got nervous last second and didn't do it. good thing. nobody got her anything scandalous and she was like "you guys know me." phew. dodged that bullet. man, my bridal shower is going to be the most scandalicious thing ever. hahahaha
-i still have to finish that mba final. didn't even finish the zimbabwe question like i'd planned. pucha. but i think working on it over break won't be so bad. having more time, not being rushed, hopefully i'll be able to do better. and i'm starting not to care about grades anymore so maybe it's ok if i get a B in that class. i won't die, right?
-saw gabe at the testing center yesterday. she gave me good pep talks and convinced me not to die. that's a good thing. :) i'm feeling more pumped and motivated to let this year end with all of its awfulness and start fresh, a new leaf, a new chapter, however you want to call it! i'm ready to take on the world!!! ok not yet, but i will be after break. yeah!!!!! **anime pose of power/victory

that's it. this time tomorrow i'll be home. heck, in like 18 hours i'll be home. can't even believe it! oh man. merry christmas and happy new year everyone! be safe and RELAX and enjoy the break!!

2 comments:

AB said...

Yay for Christmas! I am with you Jean, so what if you get a B, it's not the end of the world. Also had to note, a bridal shower for you would be scandalous... I am looking forward to that day haha

Gabe said...

YEAaaah Jean!!!! I'm so proud of you! Have a wonderful Christmas my love and I will see you in a few weeks and we can hang out tons ok?? Love love!