Friday, December 19, 2008

tengo la camisa negra (juanes)

I am such a greaseball.

I really need to take a shower. But I just started my laundry. And I didn't have time to do laundry in Provo so I just brought it all home in plastic bags. Ha. So I need some clean panties and socks.. so I have to wait to shower.

So I'm this greasy gray mess (I'm wearing all grey sweats) sitting at the computer trying to finish my MBA final (halfway done! Eat that, Zimbabwe!) while listening to Spanish music on Pandora.

I finished translating which was great. I feel pretty accomplished, having translated an 8 page report on microcredit into Spanish. It just sounds cool to say. Ha. Even though it was a pucha to translate.

Being home is a little strange. Because it's so normal. I feel like I've been here forever. At the same time, I feel like I could drive a few minutes and get back to my apartment in Provo. Everything has blurred together so that it's not exciting or new to go anywhere anymore. How strange.

It was great seeing Caroline though! She and Jason came into the airport and stalked me while I was waiting for my baggage. We spazzed out screaming and such so everyone thought we were crazy so I made sure to say "It's been so freaking long! A year and 8 months!" so people knew why we were so ridiculously excited to see each other. Ha. She slept over last night, like old times, and I baked cookies, for the millionth time this month, and it was just a nice normal night.

Maybe since I'm still doing schoolwork it doesn't feel any different. It just feels like school still. (Ooo about a boy music just came on Pandora. Speaking of which I'm reading the book right now and it's hard to not play the movie in my head as I go along. It's good stuff. Also, it references "Groundhog Day" which is so funny b/c we all watched it last night b/c it was the only non-church movie in our house. Hahaha.) Maybe once I finish this final and start to play it really will feel like break, like I'm home. Yeah, that makes sense.

Jason's laptop is SO NICE. It's just an Acer, it was only like $400 but it is amazing. It's small, light, sleek, comfortable, I'm in love with it. I wish I could get the same one for the same price. But I think I have to hunt around for something else. I think I'm not going to get an HP anymore though b/c they are pretty heavy. But they look so pretty... haha. And I don't want a Dell b/c I hear of people having problems with them frequently... hum. What do you think? Leave me a comment, tell me what laptop you'd get.

So I haven't seen anybody yet. Haven't even seen Kacie and her fam yet b/c they live all the way in Fife. And oh yeah, how could I forget, it snowed buckets here so the roads are all crazy and dangerous. Plus we only have one working car for my whole family so I haven't gone anywhere for that reason too. But yeah it's so funny, Seattle never gets snow so the whole plowing the streets business? Doesn't happen. Seriously. I'll post a pic in a bit. It's so funny to me. And also silly and frustrating b/c everywhere is so hilly so I don't want to drive anywhere, I'm too scared. But yeah. Oh Seattle/Bellevue... shuts down when it gets snowy... hilarious.

And that's the break update for today. Back to Liberia, and how to help its new president fix her country.

2 comments:

Gabe said...

1. I feel so normal being home too. It's like nothing has changed. Strange how that works. It's so weird!!!

2. I have a Dell and have never had problems with it. Maybe I just lucked out! Although recently my CD drive stopped working...but it is almost 5 years old....but that's my 2 cents!

Kyle said...

Whatever you get for a laptop will be great. For the most part all the stuff inside is made by the same companies, so I say just find a good deal on one that will do everything you need it to. And that you like the size and look of. As long as you treat it well it will last a long time.