Friday, November 20, 2009

Oh I'm just a girl, trying to find a place in this world

Well, got into my first car accident this morning.

I was in my car, going to work, I got ready to turn my wheel like crazy in my non-power-steering-car, and pulled out, saw a car coming, screamed, it hit me.

I was shaking a bit when I got out of the car. I had no idea what to do. The guy was nice enough. He pulled over to the side, I didn't try. my front driver's side up by the hood was bashed in and the wheel was at this crazy angle. He called some number and they sent over an officer. I called my parents. Tried to find a tow rope. We waited.

I don't know why I didn't see him. I know I didn't look that hard. But still. He must've been cruising to cause such damage to my car. I was out pretty far when he hit me. Oh, his bumper was almost completely off. Sigh.

So I spent over half an hour talking to my insurance. I only have liability so they're paying for all of his car but none of mine. My payments are going to increase huh. Ugh. My dad wants me to take my car to this place in Orem but Austin doesn't think it can make it that far. But towing it would be so expensive! I don't know what to do...

I don't know how to function without a car! How will I get to work? To anywhere? What if it costs a billion dollars to fix it? My dad won't pay more than $1000. Otherwise we should just find another junk car to last me for the next little while. How much more will my insurance go up by? Oi...

I have a biochem test tomorrow but I don't want to study, I can't focus, I just keep thinking about this. And yesterday I found out I might've taken unnecessary prerequisites for PA school while not taking the ones I do need. I feel stupid. I may or may not be hating life right now. You can decide which.

"Oh what a shame, what a rainy ending given to a perfect day"

It wasn't really a perfect day and it was a rainy beginning. But I'm going to try to let Taylor Swift console me anyway.

2 comments:

Devin & Rebecca said...

Jean Lee! Are you okay? I'm sorry to hear about your car. I know of some good repair places just in case. Let me know if you need a ride or anything. Good luck!

kacie said...

oh my god jean i'm so glad you're okay (physically). but anybody can just as easily get into a car accident. it just happens and there is no point in punishing yourself for it. please? you get way too hard on yourself sometimes. you are one of the whitest asians i know, but you are most definitely an asian emotionally. ask your friends for rides while you are out of a car. what kind of a friend would not give a ride to a friend who had her car wrecked in an accident? right? yeah. you are an amazing young woman and it always confuses me when you start hating on your own self. wtf! <3 kacie