Saturday, November 7, 2009

suppose I kept on singing love songs just to break my own fall

REGINA SPEKTOR WAS AMAZING.

It was quite an arduous journey to get there (had to run an errand, TRAFFIC, forgot the tickets at home (luckily weren't TOO far from home), MORE TRAFFIC, TRAFFIC TRAFFIC TRAFFIC..) but we finally got there and just in time!!!! Only had to wait like five minutes before she came on stage!! She was so happy and sweet and down to earth (along with a few expletives) and she is WOW amazing live!!! Her voice is so amazing, she is INCREDIBLY talented!!! My goodness, I was way super impressed. I loved her before but now I'm just in awe of her voice and musical abilities. One song she was keeping the beat with a drum while playing piano with the other hand and singing along and it was perfect! How does she do it?! And she sang this AMAZING a capella song about eyes (brown eyes are the only ones you can trust!!) and a country song she wrote ("you're a whore you're a whore") and she played all these amazing songs and her backup band, the violinist and cellist were Asian boys who looked our age or younger (WHAT AN AMAZING JOB THE LUCKY DUCKS) and it was just freaking sweet.

Luckily Austin is tall and was kind enough to hold me while I stood on his feet so I could see. I could only see when on my tiptoes but that was enough for me. SHE IS SO STINKIN' GOOD LIVE!!!!! I CAN'T GET OVER IT! If you ever get a chance, go see her, it's so totally worth it! Be in awe of her talents like me!!

Thank you Austin for one of the best birthday presents ever :):):)

No comments: