Saturday, November 14, 2009

so how can I ever try to be better

Taylor Swift is stuck in my head. When I listen to her I just want to dance around and sing real loud to it. For hours. I could seriously do it for hours! I wish I had hours to do things like that. Graduation, graduation, graduation. I can't wait.

Last night was way super fun! My roommate Jamie had won free tickets to some comedy show at the Scera in Orem but couldn't go so she gave them to me and Austin! So we went to eat at Five Guys (where we had enlightening and interesting conversation) then to the show. There were tons of old people which was rather hilarious to me, but it was a sold out show so we figured it must be good. The first two comedians were alright, the first reminding me a lot of Ellen DeGeneres but not as funny. Then the highlight of the evening: Keith Stubbs.

HE WAS SO FUNNY! We were both cracking up the entire time--he didn't seem to have one bad joke. He was hilarious! Kept referring to himself as Pound Cake, as his gangsta name, he was so so so funny! I wish he was performing for a younger audience, but this one was still pretty responsive. He was seriously so funny. He must be big name because he's performed at Comedy Central and just got back from the CMAs (how did he ever get tickets to that?!) and he has a show on 101.5 here in Utah. He was seriously so freaking funny and I'm so glad we got to go! I've never been to a real comedian before so it was pretty great. :)

Then we got 3 different tubs of ice cream from Smith's and watched one of my favorite moves Two for the Road. It's a sad sort of love story, about falling in love, getting married, and how hard it can be afterwards. Albert Finney and Audrey Hepburn star and they are great. It goes through different scenes from the different parts in their lives and mix them all together. It can be kind of depressing but a high quality film and very well made so I encourage you all to see it! I just got it from the Provo City Library so you can check it out for free!

Finally, we decided on a spur of the moment to go hot tubbing! It was freezing outside but the water was absolutely perfect, too hot almost. Which was nice for when we got out and had to get back to the car. The Villa has a really nice hot tub now, and some people from my old ward a few years ago were there which was kinda funny. It was way fun and a perfect ending to a really good day!

I think I'm going to make like a dating journal. I can't remember when and what we've done so far but I want to, so I can always remember it. Maybe I'll do that over Thanksgiving, when I'll have so much free time all to MYSELF! Happy day.

My internship fair went pretty well, we had about 70 people come to hear Reggie Shaw speak which was really good. He was an amazing speaker, I wish you could all have heard him! I think he impacted everyone a ton. Hopefully this campaign has at least helped a few people decide not to text and drive anymore--if so, I'll count that as success for me!

Jason has now been in the MTC for over a week! He emailed my parents who forwarded it to me. He's doing well and learning and feeling a ton but is also having a super hard time. He says it's definitely the hardest thing he's ever done and just... really hard. I'm worried about him but all I can do is pray for him and send him letters of love and support. If you'd like to write him let me know and I'll give you his address! He could really use it. I'm afraid he's super homesick :(

Welp, nothing else to report except school is sucking the life out of me! :) Hope everyone has a good week!

No comments: