Wednesday, January 27, 2010

and that's the way it is

Celine Dion is stuck in my head for some reason.

So on Sunday, spur of the moment (we seem to be doing that a lot lately) we took Sean's offer for two tickets to the Jazz game on Monday! I had never been to an NBA game ever before so I was waaaay excited. Sure, homework would have to be put on hold, but man we are the library's best patrons--there without fail every single night. So I think we deserved a break. :)

HOLY CRAP. IT WAS THE GREATEST GAME EVER! Except for that game against the Cavaliers the other week. But anyways! So we were playing the Phoenix Suns, where Sean, his date, his friend and his date are all from (well, AZ). So they're winning by the half, by 17 freakin points. 17!! They kept making every single 3-pointer they shot and we kept missing all of ours. So Austin and I figure we're toast, slump down in our seats, feel aggravated. BUT THEN. THE GREATEST. COMEBACK. EVER.

It started with 3 times in a row they missed their shots and we made ours-- only down by 11! Then the gap kept on a-closing!! And then we were TIED! And then we were AHEAD! AND THEN WE KEPT GETTING AHEAD!!! It was ridiculously AMAAAAZING!!! WIN FOR THE JAZZ IN THE END!!!!!!

The celebratory confetti after we won!


Yes, I realize how fuzzy this picture is. But I like it anyway. We were there!!

Afterwards, we drove a couple of Austin's friends home to Provo with us (they are hilarious!!) and then hit up Sammy's for a milkshake and fries. Delicious! It was an amazing night. So fun!!! I hope we go to more Jazz games in the future! I am a converted fan! (It helps that the Sonics flew away to OK)

No comments: