Sunday, January 24, 2010

today's happenings--I decided I wanted to keep a meticulous record of even the mundane details of my life.

The Volunteer Care Clinic held a brunch for all its volunteers this morning--the most delicious crepes ever!! I got a ride with Ted and Missy and it was a beautiful, bright, snowy morning. I brunched with doctors and pharmacists... cool. :)

Then I got mad at Austin for awhile about his busted knee and his stubbornness about his body. I don't know why I got so upset... I thought he was just being defiant to me and it worries me to pieces. I don't want him to be broken! I don't want him to get hurt! It scares me. I got over it eventually then went on that excruciatingly painful run. I'm glad my runs this week are only 4 miles or less... until Saturday arrives yet again. Boo. I need to reread Born to Run and get motivated again.

After showering and getting all squeaky clean, Austin and I headed up to the library to study. I didn't do much homework but got some budgeting in. I have my first plasma appointment set for this Saturday and I'm planning on going as often as I can from now on. Desperate times call for desperate measures! I hope nothing bad happens to me because of it.

Then we went to Austin's and he made chicken quesadillas! They were absolutely delicious! He's a good cook and cleaner. :) I'm happy about that. He's so good--if people are ever complaining about their boys I always think of him and am so happy that he doesn't do any of the dumb things other girls complain about. I mean, we all have our faults of course, but he is still pretty dang good. :)

We were lounging around watching TV and talking while waiting for Frog to get home so we could use his all-sports pass for the bball game tonight, but then we realized it was an away game. After laughing at our ignorance we got outta there so Frog could have a good setting for his date. But Caroline was supposedly going to be at my apartment for her date! So we were stranded. Solution: the dollar theatre. We grabbed some white chocolate pretzels (that I made the other day!) and a tangelo for snacks and went to see Fantastic Mr. Fox. It was pretty good, I definitely enjoyed myself, but I wouldn't see it again. On the way we ran into a couple of douche bags who threw a snowball at my window really hard and freaked me out. Austin almost jumped out to beat them up but I was already driving away pretty fast. It's probably a good thing... although that woulda been a sight to see, Austin beating guys up to defend my honor. Or something like that. Haha.

All in all a good day!! Yesterday was good too. Cafe Rio for dinner then redbox movie. Terminator Salvation. It was okay. Lots of movies this weekend. But I kinda liked just being chill and hanging out with Austin. I'm sure next weekend will be adventurous.. apparently ice climbing is on the menu. :)

1 comment:

kacie said...

hullo hullo whatchu doing up so late? you sound so happy. the wonder years. that's so bad to throw snowballs and windshields. what a bunch of idiots. i hope they catch cold.