Monday, June 14, 2010

spontaneity

On Saturday morning I woke up to Austin calling me at 10:30am. Yes, I was still sleeping. Why? I had absolutely nothing planned for the day and didn't want to get bored quickly, so I slept.

But! Oh how things changed.

His family decided spur of the moment to go up to Idaho's Lava Hot Springs and they invited us! So after I went on a run (which unfortunately was super painful and I have to switch to biking now... sigh) off we went! It was AWESOME! We had a little house that had its own hot spring pool and a little hot tub on the deck, Orion made deliiiicious burgers for dinner, then we went to this huge pool with diving platforms and slides, etc. It was so fun!! Then we watched a couple of movies and went to bed. It was the perfect one night getaway.

We drove back on Sunday for Austin's cousin's mission homecoming talk, and I got to meet more of his relatives at the luncheon after. His family is so nice! His grandpa is freaking hilarious too, I wish we got to spend more time with them. It was way fun. :)

Then we watched the Celtics beat the Lakers, and any day the Lakers lose is a good day, of course. All in all, a potentially super boring weekend turned into an absolutely fantastic one, so ten points for spontaneity and not making plans!

1 comment:

Devin & Rebecca said...

Woot! That sounds like awesomeness! Sorry to hear that you won't be able to run anymore; I know how hard you've been working on it and training. But at least there are still other wonderful activities you can do to work out! Like rock climbing, biking, hiking, swimming, etc. I hope your legs aren't hurting too bad!