Monday, June 28, 2010

the summer of jean

Hooray for long work days that mean I get Fridays off. Hooray for road trips to fun places. Hooray for adventures. Hooray for the Summer of Jean!!!

This weekend we headed back up to Lava Hot Springs in Idaho for some camping, climbing, and rivering. Despite my car breaking down yet again on the way up, it was a way fun weekend trip! My favorite part was tubing down the river. Perfect temperature, way fun rapids, just so fun!! Climbing and camping was fun too.

So yeah, the car broke down but Austin's uncle was up for his son's wrestling tournament so luckily he was able to tow us into town and fix up my car!!! He's definitely my favorite even if he's the only one I've met so far. Talk about tender mercies.

I really am glad though, I mean, it sucks that my car broke down again, but I'm so glad it happened when it did, otherwise we wouldn't have been able to figure it out and would've had to tow the car over and maybe pay more money for the fix, etc. So as much as it sucked, the timing worked.

Then yesterday Austin and I hiked up to this hidden waterfall... in flip flops. We weren't aware that it would be slightly dangerous and we'd be climbing up rocks and sliding down loose dirt. I got dirty and scraped up but it was so fun and way gorgeous up there! I love watching water droplets fall from up high, then they hit lower tiers of rocks and splatter. I think it's so fun :)

All in all, yet another fun adventurous weekend spent in the summer of jean.

No comments: