Monday, August 16, 2010

first August post on the 16th??


It's not like I haven't had things going on, but just nothing for posting. It's been a crazy few weeks (hahahha I just typed "phew") But I guess I can write about this weekend!

Saturday was Austin's and my one year anniversary of dating. :) So after I dropped Caroline off at the airport, spending a sweaty two hours in my little non-air conditioned car, Austin picked me up and we did some shopping then made bacon wrapped jalapeno peppers for dinner. We ate while watching Pure Country, a movie starring George Strait, one of my new favorite country singers, then headed out to a surprise destination! I'm so glad it warmed up that night, because we went to a pond by his work to feed the ducks!! May sound silly to you, but it was a lovely gesture seeing as he absolutely has refused to ever feed the ducks (or the birds) with me. So I was happy as a clam of course. :) Ooo we also saw this crazy snake looking thing in the water, it was so fast! And eating the bread too, but it was so dark we couldn't see what it was... kinda creepy. I want to go back in the daytime to see what it is.

Then we did this thing that he had actually planned for Valentine's Day (exactly 6 months earlier) but we never got around to doing. He brought a jar and we wrote down three things then put them in and read them. 1. One thing you love about the other person. 2. Where you want to be in 15 years. 3. A favorite memory with the other person. (I feel okay writing this here b/c none of his friends read this so he can't get ridiculed for the romanticness) How adorable is that?! To top off the night we went to his new apartment and made brownies and had them with ice cream. All in all, a wonderful day and night!

Other news: I'm leaving Heather Cove Condos finally this week, after a lovely long year living in them. I'm moving in with my friend Jamie, her family lives in Orem and they're letting me rent out the basement bedroom (which apparently is HUGE! the size of my kitchen and living room put together. holy holy) and eat there, etc, so I'm way stoked! It's also literally 2 minutes from my work so that'll be awesome. And I think that's all to report!

No comments: