Thursday, July 29, 2010

need bachelorette party ideas?

There's something cool about throwing a party solely for someone else.

Today I threw Caroline's bachelorette party, first one ever for me. I've been planning for a few months now and Jamie helped out and it really turned out to be a great success. Something I realized was how awesome it felt, to throw such a good party and have Caroline so happy. She kept saying it was absolutely perfect. And others mentioned that too. I think it felt so good because it was for someone else, not me. Sometimes when I've had parties in the past, I've gotten super cranky because people would just come and have a good time but not even notice all the hard work I put into it or try to talk to me or hang out at all. I always hated it. But this time all the focus was on Caroline and the point was for HER to have a good party so everything was for her. And I loved it so much more!! It was more fun and just felt good to focus on someone else. I don't know if I'm making any sense here but it was a realization for me so I thought I'd write about it.

Here are pictures from the party--if you're scarred from the shadyness, I apologize... :)

I had to make a trip out to Dirty Jo Punster's for these candies...

Lovely penis cookies complete with coconut hair...

Each guest had to put on a tattoo--do you like ours?

The beautiful bride-to-be with tattoos and a lovely sign

1 comment:

Anna said...

EW JEAN!!!
I'm glad you had fun! It's always better to do something fun for someone else. Finding joy in service is a true gospel principle.