Tuesday, July 20, 2010

estoy aburrida as heck


This is me at work, being bored as heck. I've been at work for 6 hours and have only drawn 4 people's blood. I'M GOING CRAZY.

Anybody have any ideas on what to do while bored at work??? I'm not very good at surfing the web. Plus the internet connection is come and go.

Jean's Ideas:
-learn how to do the rubik's cube
-knit
-read harry potter, twilight, the hunger games, classics I never got to read in high school, etc etc (give me good book ideas!)
-study anatomy and physiology again
-study spanish
-learn how to use photoshop or other editing programs

Do you like my scrubs? Because I do. If you're ever looking for cheap ones, hit up Burlington Coat Factory!

In other news, I've decided to run another half-marathon! This one is in St. George, Snow Canyon, where Austin and I went camping and climbing back in January. Which is cool because I ran my first 5+miler there, as I had just started training for my first half. It's going to be gorgeous! It's in November, so I have a little over 3 months to train. I planned it all out--I'm going to run 15 miles two weeks prior to the race. I'm hoping to trim my time down to 2 hours. PR here we come!! So now my running schedule consists of strength training and speed workouts. Hopefully it works!

I re-budget at least twice a week and somehow it fluctuates like crazy. Today was a depressing day--I hardly have money for anything. I'm going to start donating plasma again, first appointment this Saturday.

I'm getting my hair cut today! Three inches and thinning. I'm sick of it being so long. If I had time and the skills to make my hair look cool every day, long hair would be great! But I don't, and I don't, which is where the hair cut comes in. I'm going to Paul Mitchell--super cheap and they give a GREAT head massage with it. Sure it takes a lot longer but I've got plenty of time these days...

My dad got a job interview in SLC for overstock.com! He flies in tomorrow and leaves on Friday. I'm SOOOO excited!! I haven't seen family since April and haven't been home since March so it'll be way nice. I miss family oh so much. It'd be weird/cool to have my parents live in Utah but I kind of hope they don't so I can still visit my real home back in Washington, haha. I mean how sad would that be if I never got to go back and visit?? :(:(:( But if this is a good job I guess that's the smartest thing to do.

Any other news? No, I don't think so... well that sufficiently used up twenty minutes of time. What next for the next 4 hours...

2 comments:

PeterK said...

Books:
(These are written for young adult crowds. But so is Harry Potter right?)
*Fablehaven series
*Anything by william sleator

You could always save up and buy or borrow a DS. ;)

My problem is I'm too good at surfing the Internet. That's what I do all too often.

Anna said...

I second Peter's book picks!
Plus, I'm reading Oliver Twist right now. Re-reading. I LOVE it. I love Dickens. Some don't though...

Anyways, I hear you on the hair thing! I want to grow it out so I can feel pretty for Peter, but it's too hot, and having my hair in a pony-tail all the time (no time to make it cute) gives me a headache. Do you get hair-headaches? Meh!