Thursday, July 15, 2010

once meses

yesterday Austin and I "celebrated" our 11-month "anniversary."

"celebrated" because we didn't do much but I made him dinner and dessert (red bell pepper meatloaf + strawberry cheesecake) and then we watched an old Clark Gable film. and then he tucked me into bed.

"anniversary" because "ann" refers to "year" so technically we're not allowed to celebrate anything yet. but I figured 11 months is long enough to have a fun little day out of it.

anyway, today I had to call a patient back to get her redrawn because Labcorp and Central Lab don't communicate so the specimen didn't get transferred on time so it was too old to process. but this lady, I had forgotten, talks a ton but is super interesting and writes children's books. and she brought me some today! what a wonderful lady, she is inconvenienced yet still remembers me and wants to share her work with me. how kind of her! just gave them to me! children's books are pricey these days, and these look beautiful and wonderful. it totally made my day.

this morning I woke up at 5:45am to get to a fire extinguisher training up in Murray. yuck. it took 45 minutes to drive for a 20 minute training in which the only thing they couldn't just email us was actually doing the extinguishing. but even that hello you can practice here! I admit, it was cool to actually use one, but still. how ridiculous. an hour and a half of driving for 20 minutes. and loss of a few hours of sleep. le sigh. oh, and I have a work meeting tonight at 6:30 so my day is 7am-7:30pm. whoooo

at least I'm getting paid! oh I also just found out that we get reimbursed for mileage!! how sweeeet is that?? makes all those salt lake trainings worth it!

in other news, I just bought plane tickets to Caroline's wedding on Sept 18!!! very exciting :) I really miss my family. a lot more than usual, probably because this is the longest I've ever gone without seeing them or going home. I just want to be home, among the familiarity that is only ever found there, among family who love me and whom I love, just talking and hanging out. sigh. I miss them.

yep.

No comments: