Thursday, October 7, 2010

hm

After some life evaluation, I have decided that I'm not doing so hot.

Therefore I will be immersing myself in all things good and hoping to come out a better person.

Even though the main mantra is "Love God, Love Others" it gets complicated when you factor in temple attendance, scripture, reading, being chaste, among other things. All those things show love to God but are more difficult to do, it seems, than to "simply" love Him.

Only a bit over two weeks until the wedding and we still haven't sent out a few announcements. I feel kind of not on top of things but the first month of planning was so crazy that now I feel lazy. (Rhyme!) We just, well I just, moved into our new apartment and it's the only time in my life I will be habitating a place solo. It's been fine so far though, as long as I force myself not to think scary thoughts or wonder what those noises are at night. I wish we had furniture. You'd think having just a full-time job would leave you lots of free time but alas, it is not so. I still have not had time to even get a shower rod for the bathroom, let alone a mattress, dresser, etc. And there seems to be a million things going on all the time. I just want to relax. Oh well, two more weeks, right? Well, sorta. Because then I have two interviews I have to fly to two weeks in a row and our open house in Utah and Austin's brother's wedding. Whew! Then our honeymoon! But I should be happy, I am blessed to be marrying such a wonderful man and to have such wonderful family supporting me.

I want to be perfect! Why can't I just be perfect??

1 comment:

Anna said...

Aw, Jean. I know how you are feeling. I think Satan works extra hard against engaged couples. Hang in there! Keep praying and reading those scriptures. Maybe try to find 20min each day to sit and be at peace.

I don't know if you were looking for advice, but I just love you so much!

Feel better!