Wednesday, February 4, 2009

good good morning sun

Thoughts of the day:

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/02/bolivia_and_its_new_constituti.html

News/pictures on Bolivia. It makes my heart ache. I'm afraid for them. This all sounds good, but I was in an area that was more Pro-US and they told me how much they hate Evo and all that he's done. So I don't know, I don't know what to think or what's best or what's going to happen.. The pictures just made me miss it like the dickens. I miss it so bad, the people, the places, everything. Sigh.

I really like visiting teaching/home teaching. I think they're great programs. Last month my VTs came over and it was just so nice to have a spiritual message in the middle of the week, kind of to remind me of what's really important, what I really should be working for and such. It made me happy.

I couldn't sleep very well last night. Coughing for a long time, my throat was bothering me like crazy. Then I skipped a class this morning, and work. Slept instead. Blaaah I'm being such a slacker this week..

One of the reason I like Damien Rice's "Dogs" (for those of you who haven't heard it yet... youtube it or something!!!! Stat!!!) is the bridge part when he's singing about the girl, right? And he sings "She's like an angel, man, she burns my eyes." I like that he puts "man" at the end of each phrase, it's like he's telling his guy friends about this amazing girl, so amazing he can tell his guy friends about it, he can't keep it inside. And it just builds and builds until it hits the high and everything crashes down and it's just so amazingly awesome. I want someone to feel like that about me!

Following that note, Jill and I decided that by the end of this school semester we each have to find a boy that will write a song about us. Hahaha. (I decided my name was not song-worthy because.. it just isn't. There are no cool songs about "Jean" the name is too stiff and old-fashioned and short. Booo)

Well I should probably start studying or something, do something useful with my day.

Anita, me, and Sonia-- they worked in lab with me and taught me all about taking samples and such. We became really good friends. I still keep in touch with Anita. I miss her.

1 comment:

kacie said...

jean that's one of the cutest pics of you ever. you look so happy.