Sunday, February 1, 2009

I'm going to try harder this month. I have been inspired and I feel the motivation. Here we go!

While reading in The Book of Mormon just now, I liked these verses:

2 Nephi 9:51-52: Wherefore, do not spend money for that which is of no worth, nor your labor for that which cannot satisfy. Hearken diligently unto me, and remember the words which I have spoken; and come unto the Holy One of Israel, and feast upon that which perisheth not, neither can be corrupted, and let your soul delight in fatness. Behold, my beloved brethren, remember the words of your God; pray unto him continually by day, and give thanks unto his holy name by night. Let your hearts rejoice."

There are lots of good things in this. Don't waste your time or resources on silly things. Feast upon that which perisheth not-- the important things, God, family, relationships with people, education, becoming a better person. I'm constantly working on that, on changing my perspective to an eternal one, focusing on the things that really matter. Refocus!!

And the last part, to pray and give thanks and let your hearts rejoice. Enjoy life! Be happy! Be glad to be here, glad to be doing what you're doing, grateful for all the opportunities that are coming your way. Grateful for the sadness and the problems, everything they teach you. To just enjoy the ride. That is so so so hard to do I think. But it's so important. So let's do it!!!

No comments: