Monday, February 16, 2009

stones taught me to fly

Well it's a holiday and I am gladly using it to catch up on homework. So I'm at the library. You know what's confusing though? I called the parking people to see if they enforce on holidays and this is what the message said:

"For holidays, parking is enforced in all lots, but parking permits are not enforced."

What the h is that supposed to mean???

So I just parked over at the creamery, in visitor parking. Let's hope I don't get a ticket.

Anyways. So I was just reading my scriptures (finally got through the Isaiah stuff in 2 Nephi... it's probably bad that I don't like that part but I really just don't understand it. And the BOM class I took was kind of fluffy and didn't go over stuff like this, unfortunately, so I still don't understand it.) and I liked what I was reading in 2 Nephi 25. Yesterday's talks were on the commandments and this was talking about the laws of the Lord too.

Verse 27 says "...that our children may know the deadness of the law; and they, by knowing the deadness of the law, may look forward unto that life which is in Christ, and know for what end the law was given..."

What I gather from that is that too often we look at the laws as annoying to follow or we focus on them way too much and lose the big picture. This is telling us that the laws aren't the real focus, Christ is the real focus, life in Christ, the Atonement, and that is the end, the reason the laws are given. So the laws are super important, and they are how we become closer to Christ. Keeping the commandments is it, it's how we get there. But at the same time, we have to remember that Christ is the ultimate goal. So we should focus on Him, the WHY of the laws.

Anyways, that's my food for thought for the day.

Speaking of food... my friend Kristen had a brunch at her house this morning and it was way fun! Delicious food too, blueberry coffee cake and this quiche deliciousness... we went to Smith's to buy eggs for it, and got some super cheap bags of Valentine's Day candy! Bags of snickers were only $1.75!! Happy day... I just want to buy like ten bags of them. But I only got two. One is for a class, don't worry, haha.

Happy President's Day!

No comments: