Friday, November 14, 2008

glo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ria

I was wandering through the BYU Campus Craft and Floral store and that song was playing. I used to be one of those people that hated Christmas music early, before Thanksgiving, or even right after. But now.. I embrace it. I love it! I love Christmas! I love everything about it! I even love the Hallmark scheme of making billions off of holidays! I love that they make billions! Because it means they create these amazing cards of awesomeness that are so adorable or touching and just make people happy.

That includes all the holiday decorations. The Santa plates, the snowman mugs, the random decorations that you can fill your house with. I'm so excited to have my own home and have money to splurge on these things. I'm going to have the most decorated house ever!!! But not in a gaudy way, a classy way, that just looks... awesome. Yes.

Flowers too! Flowers are so awesome too. That you can make these beautiful arrangements that have just... these color schemes that match so perfectly and they're just so... beautiful!

I seriously could be Martha Stewart. I wish I was better at that kind of stuff though.

I really want to go to Color-Me-Mine and make a holiday plate. Bowl. Mug thing. I saw some at the BYU Bookstore... they're so freaking cool!!!! I swear, I could window shop this kinda stuff forever.. I'm also excited to go to Riverwoods and go Christmas shopping!!!!!!!! And get hot chocolate and be bundled up and watch the shoppers and the families and the pretty decorations and lights in the trees, etc etc etc...

I also really want to spend a Sunday or Saturday afternoon just sitting in my living room watching a movie while making Christmas cards and painting and baking cookies and being happy. Enjoying my favorite things to do. Doesn't that sound so relaxing and wonderful???

That's all this post is about. I'm really excited about Christmas. And any other holiday, for that matter.

4 comments:

kacie said...

lol, this is more like the jean i know. :) and what a funny coincidence.. there must be a holiday bug in the air.. i totally went to joann today and bought some christmas garlands to garland our house! this is the first time i have made such an effort. i also have the urge to knit everyone christmas stockings, but i know i will get very tired of that. i totally GET you. high. five.

AB said...

Yay you have a blog! Now I can read up on what you are doing :) The movie was really good! I wish we could have talked to you but it's okay we will catch up at lunch for sure!

AB said...

PS I feel you on doing crafty things for Christmas. I love the holidays and I am ready for a break with my family

Ted Lee said...

Bah humbug!

Actually, our small apartment has no place to stash Christmas-y things. I'm not sure if we're gonna do much to decorate this year.


GASPÉ!!!!