Monday, February 1, 2010

stay-in date/ice climbing/scrabble

Friday could not come sooner... just in time before I went crazy with everything. Instead of going out, Austin and I decided to have a stay-in date. I was craving pizza and just wanted to chill so we grabbed a couple and some deliiiicious root beer at Five Buck, hung out at his apt for awhile, then headed over to mine to play scrabble (it ended up being boggle, and yes I dominated) and watch Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs with Lindy and Pehr. It was actually a pretty good movie! It was a good night in. :)

The next day I went to donate plasma for the first time and finally. I've been twice but they rejected me for taking anti-malarial meds the first time, then for donating blood the second time. But it was finally enough time for me to be okay to donate so I did and got $30! I pumped out that plasma super quick, in 30 minutes, but the rest of the visit took FOREVER! I'm hoping subsequent times don't take nearly as long... so I was supposed to go on a 6 mile run but figured that might not be the best idea after donating so I changed my long day runs to Wednesdays. Although I'd also like to donate on Wednesdays... so we'll see how things go. Once it starts getting lighter at night I'll be able to run later though... anyways.

Then Austin took me ICE CLIMBING! It's super crazy, I'll post pictures later today. Basically you have these spiky things on your snow boots (called cramp-ons) and an ice pick in each hand and you hack your way up a frozen waterfall. The one we did was about 60 feet and pretty vertical although this I did not know beforehand. So I freaking struggled up that thing. But I made it to the top! It was so nuts. It takes SO much arm strength, your legs hardly do anything. Unless I'm just doing it completely wrong. I was exhausted! And every time you chip in ice flies everywhere, I got huge chunks to the eyes a couple times. So tiring. I'm a little sore today. It's way harder than rock climbing, I think. But it was cool! Really gorgeous up there too. We're doing another climb sometime that's half the height and a lot easier so maybe I'll enjoy that more, haha.

Yesterday I went over and watched some Return of the King with his apartment then we made brownies and played a rousing game of scrabble in which I got completely dominated. Haha. And that was my weekend!

No comments: