Monday, October 5, 2009

it's been an interesting and enlightening weekend

I've figured out a lot of things about myself that I need to change. One huge thing is to stop caring what other people think about me. I've got such a golden retriever personality--I want to be liked by everyone. I stress about it and get nervous about it when there are really people I want to impress. But I need to realize that it doesn't matter what they think about it. I'll do what I do because I am that way, and they can either think I'm being fake about it, or not. They can accept me, or not. But regardless of what they do, I can still be happy about myself and can still be myself around them, around everyone. I can only control how I feel and how I act. I can't control how anybody else feels about me. So I might as well not worry about it. I shouldn't. I can't. Not if I want to stay sane. And happy.

It's interesting how different people's families are. How people raise their children way differently than everybody else. So so so differently. And you don't necessarily see it from that single person, but when you see their family you're like oh, wow, that's way different from my family. And not necessarily in a bad way. But wow can it be different.

I talked with my coworker today about dealing with other people's families and she enlightened me. It was a very therapeutic session. I'm glad people go through the same things as I do. And they have triumphed! So I can too. It's not me. It's not my fault. I can only do the best I can, and the rest is up to them.

I'm starting to feel it...

As far as the weekend went, Becky and I finally got to do a photoshoot!! She showed me one of the pictures and holy cow am I in love with it. (Check my facebook) She's amazing!!! Check out her blog (Boo Boo Photos on the right as a link) to see her work. She's so good!!! I'm so excited to see the rest of them!

I need a couple hours for some self-reflection time I think... but I never have any time.

No comments: