Friday, October 9, 2009

such a medical day!

Every day is a medical day now I guess, but yesterday was especially medical. I finally got rejuvenated and remotivated to work hard and do well for PA school. I remembered why I'm doing what I'm doing. I remembered why I love it so much.

I had work, at the health center, same as usual. But then I had volunteering at the clinic, and that was sweet. I mean it was busy which means we ran late, but oh well. I got to translate for a doctor because there were no female translators present, and he had to look at this lady's rear. She was 8 months pregnant and had hemorrhoids! He said that that's fairly common for pregnant ladies. Interesting! I love hearing about diagnoses and such. It rekindled the fire within. And then Jarom was raving about a cyst that was hidden behind a wart that a different doctor removed. And I realized how nerdy we all were, all the pre-med kids crowding around a doctor to see a really huge cyst. Haha. It was touching.

And then I went to an O Chem study group with a few girls and somehow through the conversation they found out that I work at the health center drawing blood and also volunteer doing it. They asked how many credits I was taking, if I had to pay for schooling all by myself, and I said yes and they were just so amazed! They thought I was so cool for being so busy and taking care of myself and doing all these things to get ready for PA school. (One is pre-nursing, one is pre-PA) And I remembered what it was like, being so young, and looking at the older seniors and being like wowwww I don't even know how I'm going to get there like them. And now I am that senior. I'm the one to look up to! I'm the one doing the PA shadowing, doing the internships, getting the clinical hours, all that stuff. And it made me feel good. I feel like I'm finally accomplishing something with my life.

Life is just so crazy. There is so much going on ALL THE TIME. And it never gets any easier it just changes. Different problems, different stresses. It's so overwhelming. But days like yesterday remind me of why I'm doing it all and that it doesn't have to be just check list things, but things I really enjoy. And I can enjoy them while I'm doing them! So let's do that.

No comments: