Wednesday, March 3, 2010

today was definitely better.

i ordered my graduation cap and gown! super exciting. i got lots of free candy and treats while i was at the grad fair. but i'm trying to decide whether or not i want to get announcements or not. they look awesome, i'd love to have one as a keepsake. and they will inevitably bring me money from relatives/friends, which would be awesome. but they're fifty bucks! boo...

i ran another 8-miler today! (like eminem) it was the weirdest run ever! the first 3 miles were really strange. i ran suuuuper slow and couldn't feel my legs. i know that sounds weird. i can't really describe it. but they felt... kind of like i was so tired i couldn't even feel them. but i had just started! i checked my watch at the 3 mile point: 36 minutes!!!!! i was running 12 minute miles! what the heeeck?? so i changed my mindset (i had wanted to run this faster than the 8 i ran on saturday) to just finishing the run. so i kept going slowly, trying to speed up, but it wasn't really happening. but then! the next 3-4 miles were great! i felt really good and got into a good groove. and while last week the last mile or so killed me, this time i felt so good i tried to go faster. i wasn't tired, i was feeling really good. so i booked it the last little bit. and cut my time by 3 minutes!!!!!! how the heck did that happen???

so i ended up running for an hour and 24 minutes which is almost a 10 minute mile pace, which is my tentative goal for the half-marathon. now for all you hard core runners out there, don't scoff at my slow mile times. sustaining it for 13 miles is good! so hush now.

i'm going home tomorrow!!!!!!! i am soooooo excited. it's making it hard to study/do school work but for the most part i'm caught up and ready to play. i can't wait to see my family! utahns are lucky they can see theirs so often. well, anybody that goes to school near their family. but it makes it sweeter for me every time i see them. so it's good, i like how it worked out. anyways, i'm way stoked. i have our whole weekend planned! ballard locks, UW, pike place, space needle, downtown bellevue, the waterfront, newcastle beach park, and of course austin looked up places to climb. haha. he'll climb while i run. and then i'll climb a bit after. and THANK YOU rain gods for smiling upon us this weekend. looks like beautiful skies are the forecast. :)

ok maybe i should start some hw now eh?

2 comments:

AB said...

I can't believe we graduate so soon. We will have to hang out before the semester is over and we move! Since Brett and I are both graduating and we would have to do twice the announcements I am making just one announcement for both of us. I am using scrapblog.com which is a free site where you can create tons of cool things. I have used it before for invitations and when you are done creating the announcement you can then save the file as a picture and send it to Costco as a picture and it is like $0.13 to print and then you can mail. It's a lot cheaper that way!

Jean said...

no way! show me the announcement you've made! does it still look professional and such?